Settle Community & Business Hub is a new not for profit venture operating out of Unit 1, Commercial Courtyard just off Duke Street in the centre of town.
The Hub is available for a range of different uses, and we want to create a focal point for community groups, charities, businesses and local residents to find out what is going on.
Our key activities will be a mix of:
- Drop-ins for local information.
- Hot desking for small businesses who have poor broadband and/or work in isolation.
- Space for community organisations that need to do outreach.
- HQ for North Craven Networking Group, Settle Timebank, Settle Soup.
- Small meeting room and workshop space .
- Once established we want The Hub to be one of North Yorkshire County Council’s list of ‘Safe Places’ for vulnerable people to use if they are out and about and need support.
- Dales Radio is a new community station and they will be working closely with us and use The Hub as a physical base where locals can come in to do interviews for broadcast or leave info which can be promoted by the radio station. This is currently a volunteer run station and they will be active members of the Timebank so the aim is to encourage more people to get involved with both.