Stillington Village Hall is a Georgian building located on the Village Green. It was built in 1820 as a National School by the Lord of the Manor, Harry Croft. It served that purpose until 1907 when the present primary school was opened. In 1929 the building was refurbished to become a parochial hall, and in 1962 it was reopened after extensive building work as a village hall with charitable status.
The work to maintain the hall for our village continues today. Recent work has included - total renovation internally; new roof and insulation; a new kitchen, well equipped with crockery and utensils; purchase of a high quality projector and large screen; installation of a state of the art central heating system, which has made the whole building very cosy! The latest building work has been the refurbishment of the meeting room.The village hall committee have further plans to improve the hall for all its users.
The main room is light and airy, and has a stage. The smaller meeting room can seat 20, but can be used as a bar, or a service area for catered events as a hatch from the kitchen opens onto the room.
The hall hosts a wide range of village clubs and functions. Rural Arts musical and theatrical productions take place several times a year and always prove popular.